QUICHE is a European delight. This savory dish is a combination of eggs, cheese and cream. The best thing about this is that it is so simple! The crust is flaky and soft, it will just take about ten minutes or less to prepare it (minus the baking time), In sha Allah.
Ingredients for crust
1 cup flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
1⁄4 cup ice water (I use refrigerated water)
Ingredients for the filling
1/2 cup Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese (Grated)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup fresh cream
1 cup chicken cut into small cubes
2 table spoon Capsicum
2 table spoon Mushroom (You can use anything! You can use any veggie you like, seafood or meat! I’m using chicken, mushrooms and capsicum because the combination is just super delicious.)
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp red chilly flakes
2 tsp garlic minced
– Preheat oven to 200* C
Making the crust:
- Just mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Once you’re ready with the dough, using a rolling pan work the dough until it’s not too thick and not too thin.
- Spread it into your baking pan and pop it into the oven for 15 mins or until it turns dry. Remove from oven and directly pop it into the freezer for 15 mins. Turn the oven to 180*. Remove from freezer, pour the filling and bake it for 30 to 40 mins.
Making the filling:
- Mix eggs, cream and cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl add the salt pepper, garlic, chilli flakes, chicken and mix well. Fry the chicken with few drops of oil in a sauce pan.
- Add the chicken, capsicum and the mushrooms to the egg mixture.
- Mix well and your filling is ready!